Tuesday 13 December 2016

Justice




Image result for gum










I'm not going to find it rummaging through the top drawer in the kitchen, full of weeping batteries, silly string, short fuses and take away menus. Everybody has a drawer like that but it doesn't contain the thing I am looking for.

I'm not going to find it, either, in a convenience store and the postman isn't going come knocking on the door asking me to sign for it.




Only you can give it to me. But you're stuck inside my head. Like a small piece of chewing gum.






Stuck in Nineteen Eighty Four with your hands around my neck.







                                         (C) Ally Atherton 2016








Written for this week's prompt over at Thin Spiral Notebook, hosted by Tara.



Give it a go. It's fun and a great way to meet other writers.




No comments:

Post a Comment