Thursday 31 March 2016

Yellow






                            Image by Oscar Delmar










In the summertime I used to hold buttercups to my skin to see if I liked butter.






Now they've locked me in the yellow room for using the forbidden letter.


I'm yellow from top to bottom. The oxygen I need is thick, yellow and chokes me. Even my sleep is yellow. You might not think it sounds like the worst punishment but yellow is the colour of hell. It slowly slips into your mind, your body when you're not looking.



You become yellow. It becomes you.

Never use to the forbidden letter. Don't even whisper it. They'll know. You'll die.












                                                                         (C) Ally Atherton 2016












100 Words written for the 100 Word Challenge hosted by Tara Roberts over at



Thin Spiral Notebook.





Take a peek and maybe join in. It's fun. And it's a great way of connecting with other writers.
This week you have to write 100 words without using the letter A.








4 comments:

  1. I knew there was a reason I didn't like the color yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! In a very morbid way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. creepy! yes, that's a great descriptor for this. Oh, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete